This week’s show is with Dr. Bruce Greyson. Dr. Bruce Greyson is Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences at the University of Virginia School of Medicine. He was a co-founder and President of the International Association for Near-Death Studies, and Editor of the Journal of Near-Death Studies.
Dr. Greyson has published more than a hundred scholarly articles about near-death experiences in peer-reviewed medical journals and three academic books. He has addressed more than a hundred national and international professional conferences.
His research for the past four decades has focused on near-death experiences and particularly their after-effects and implications. His book, After: A Doctor Explores What Near- Death Experiences Reveal about Life and Beyond, is his first trade book bringing his scientific research to a popular audience.
In this conversation, Dr. Greyson and I explored what NDEs teach us about life. We talked about experiences people have, the research that shows what might be creating these experiences, and what happens to people afterwards. We explore why understanding NDE could benefit us all.
I’d love to know what YOU think about this week’s show. Let’s carry on the conversation… please leave a comment below.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The evidence on NDE shows that what takes place can’t solely be explained by a shutting down of the brain – as Bruce said, it’s really a combination of that and something else that shows that consciousness isn’t created in the brain
- Bruce said that the thing he hears over and over from people who have had NDE is that they say they now understand why there’s The Golden Rule in all religions: “Do unto others and you would have done unto you”, it’s because whatever we do to others, we do to ourselves because we’re ultimately all one
- We don’t have to have a NDE personally in order to benefit from them, simply learning about NDE and what they suggest about our universe, can in itself bring a deeper sense of peace and security
Resources and stuff that we spoke about
- Dr. Bruce Greyson Official Website
- Dr. Bruce Greyson Book:
- Links to published resources:
If you prefer to read instead of listen, read the trancript of this episode.
Thank you for listening!
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Thursday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Lian & Jonathan