This week’s show is with Chris Lüttichau. Chris is the founder of Northern Drum Shamanic Centre, a UK-based educational organisation offering a renewed perspective on traditional shamanic and medicine teachings, and a safe grounding from which to learn them established in 1998.
He is the keeper of an integral body of teachings that he shares in workshops and ongoing training groups. The teachings cover a broad range of topics from healing and the art of dreaming to spirit contact and the way of the council. Chris is the author of the critically acclaimed book on shamanism ‘Calling Us Home – Find Your Path, Your Balance and Your Inner Strength’ published in 2017 and ‘Animal Spirit Guides: Discover your Power Animal and the Shamanic Path’ published 2009. He is an international teacher, and has appeared on TV on BBC 1, and in Denmark on TV2, and has given radio interviews in the USA, Canada, and the UK.
In this show, Chris and Lian spoke about soul from a shamanic perspective, what it is, what our cultural lack of awareness of soul is creating, the possibility of a more beautiful life from soul and how we can bridge that gap.
I’d love to know what YOU think about this week’s show. Let’s carry on the conversation… please leave a comment below.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- In shamanic traditions, the soul is of vital importance in living well, the danger otherwise is we’ll live from our minds, disconnected from everything else – which is of course, where we’ve found ourselves culturally
- As you could probably hear, it really hit me when Chris said that we’re all seeking something, not realising what we’re seeking is our soul
- I read a quote by Stuart Douglas: “In the closing remarks of my first book, white Bird, Black serpent, Red Book, I noted that Jung had admitted that he felt that he had failed in what he considered to be his principal task: to awaken people to the fact that they have a soul, which he likened to a treasure buried in a field. I suggested that there was no failure on Jung’s part, rather, the failure was on the part of others for not having fully realised what his life’s work was really all about.“ To find that treasure and bridge the gap of a soulless life to one lived from soul, it can be as simple as allowing the resonance you can feel in your heart to guide you on the path to retrieve it… whether that’s through nature-based paths, shamanism, shadow work or joining us in a WTW crucible
Resources and stuff that we spoke about:
- Northern Drum Shamanic Centre
- Chris Lüttichau Books:
- Chris Lüttichau Facebook accounts:
Thank you for listening!
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Tuesday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Lian & Jonathan