This week’s show is with Chris Lüttichau. Chris is the founder of Northern Drum Shamanic Centre, a UK-based educational organisation offering a renewed perspective on traditional shamanic and medicine teachings, and a safe grounding from which to learn them established in 1998.
He is the keeper of an integral body of teachings that he shares in workshops and ongoing training groups. The teachings cover a broad range of topics from healing and the art of dreaming to spirit contact and the way of the council. Chris is the author of the critically acclaimed book on shamanism ‘Calling Us Home – Find Your Path, Your Balance and Your Inner Strength’ published in 2017 and ‘Animal Spirit Guides: Discover your Power Animal and the Shamanic Path’ published 2009. He is an international teacher, and has appeared on TV on BBC 1, and in Denmark on TV2, and has given radio interviews in the USA, Canada, and the UK.
In this show, their second together, Chris and Lian spoke about the shamanic understanding of Power Animals (also known as Animal Spirit Guides), what power is and what these animals are, other kind of animal helpers, how to discover your Power Animal and how it will benefit your life.
I’d love to know what YOU think about this week’s show. Let’s carry on the conversation… please leave a comment below.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- In shamanic traditions, it’s seen that humans need power, not a ‘power over’ but spiritual, when we have that power we have the ability to awaken and connect more deeply with our higher self, with nature, with our path, and to excel in life… our Power Animals play an important roles in this, they bring power that can guide us on our journey
- I loved Chris’s explanation of the Journey Animal vs Power Animal, the Journey Animal might be symbolic or a guide for a specific part of our journey, whereas a Power Animal can be seen as an aspect of soul and is with us for life.
- Setting the intention to discover your Power Animal in your dreams is the best way to uncover it – as I shared in the show, it’s how I discovered mine – be patient, it might take time but one way or another, what’s meant for you will be revealed.
Resources and stuff that we spoke about:
- Northern Drum Shamanic Centre
- Chris Lüttichau Books:
- Chris Lüttichau Facebook accounts:
Thank you for listening!
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Tuesday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Lian & Jonathan