This week’s show is third with Aidan Wachter. Aidan Wachter has been involved in practical magic since the 1980s. He is an animist and is deeply concerned with the effects of modern Western life-ways on the human animal, on both physical and spiritual levels. Aidan views a living magical practice as a path to heal many of the problems we face today and a way of being that is intrinsic to the creatures we are. He is the author of Six Ways: Approaches & Entries to Practical Magic and Weaving Fate: Hypersigils, Changing the Past & Telling True Lies.
In this show we explored creating your life with magic and specifically through the lens of shadow work and personal mythology.
I’d love to know what YOU think about this week’s show. Let’s carry on the conversation… please leave a comment below.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- We’re all creating our lives through story, whether we’re aware of it or not – for most of us, without doing work, that story will be an old, fear-based one
- Shadow work is about making conscious those parts of us that have been held outside of our awareness but have been running our lives
- A massive clue to where we have shadow is to notice when we are triggered – that is when an old story is alive and telling us that benign things are threatening
- Shadow work comes in many forms such as Jungian and shamanism – ultimately they’re all about integrating the hidden parts of us back into the system
- Then comes the really fun part – creating our new myth… who is that, how do they live, how do they feel, what do they wear? And instilling that into our reality via archetypes, decrees/charms, hypersigils and more
- Finally I loved what Aidan said: “Magic is pulling real rabbits out of metaphorical hats”
Resources and stuff that we spoke about:
Thank you for listening!
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Tuesday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Lian & Jonathan