This week’s show is with Chris Mackey. Chris is a clinical and counselling psychologist and Fellow of the Australian Psychological Society with 40 years’ psychotherapy experience. He is the principal psychologist at Chris Mackey and Associates, his private practice in Geelong. He has presented at numerous national and international scientific conferences over the past 25 years on such topics as making use of synchronicity in psychotherapy and the effectiveness of psychological therapy for anxiety, depression and trauma reactions.
Chris is also the author of The Positive Psychology of Synchronicity: Enhance Your Mental Health with the Power of coincidence, released internationally in 2019. He is the resident psychologist and a regular presenter on the national TV wellbeing show, Destination Happiness. His regular podcast, Psych Spiels and Silver Linings, involves conversations on psychological topics with his son, Rowan.
Chris received the Impact Achievement Award at the 2019 Australian Allied Health Awards.
In this show we spoke about the wonderful topic of synchronicity: what it is, how it can show up, what it could mean and how you can experience more of it!
I’d love to know what YOU think about this week’s show. Let’s carry on the conversation… please leave a comment below.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- We seem to see more synchronicities the more we’re on our path – that’s certainly been my experience of synchronicities.
- I love how Chris described humans as not being confined to these physical bodies, we can fly as per Einstein’s “Spooky action at a distance”.
- Be open: you will see more. Notice what you notice! Pay attention, for example… write down dreams, talk to others about synchronicity, follow your intuition.
Resources and stuff that we spoke about:
- Book: Original Wisdom by Robert Wolff
- Book: The Heroine’s Journey by Maureen Murdock
- www.synchronicityunwrapped.com.au (book website, with news and updated articles relevant to the book)
- www.chrismackey.com.au (Private practice website. The Resources section has videos and podcasts about synchronicity)
- https://www.chrismackey.com.au/podcast-2/ (Psych Spiels and Silver Linings podcast)
- Chris Mackey Psychology YouTube channel
- Chris Mackey, Psychologist and Author Facebook Page
Thank you for listening!
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Tuesday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Lian & Jonathan