This week’s show is with Eliane Sainte-Marie, the founder of Parenting for Wholeness, creator of the acclaimed Clean Parenting Program where she guides parents in experiencing the ease and harmony she promises is possible in families, author of the book Clean Parenting: the Peaceful Parent’s Essential Handbook, and mother to three wonderful adult daughters. She’s passionate about helping parents raise children who are whole, as well as helping them shed what’s in their way of living from a place of wholeness.
In this conversation, we spoke about the hot topic of children and their use of technology! This is a perfectly timed, though unplanned, follow-up to last week’s episode about technology! We explored the foundation of parenting from a vision of raising children to grow into healthy, happy adults, how to tune into what’s right for you and your family, how to handle problems that arise from your child’s use of technology, and lastly, some simple guiding principles when it comes to parenting.
This was one of those episodes I was so delighted to co-create, I know it’s one I’ll keep referring back to and sharing with my friends and family who are asking for support on topic.
I’d love to know what YOU think about this week’s show. Let’s carry on the conversation… please leave a comment below.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Just like a seed growing into a tree, children have an innate blueprint to grow into a healthy, whole adult when given the right environment and nutrients. We don’t need to make that happen by micromanaging our child’s every behaviour, their own innate blueprint will take care of many aspects of their development, however tech and many forms of food aren’t natural to us and therefore require more conscious discernment.
- Before diving into changing your child’s behaviour around technology, first ask yourself “Is there a problem?” Remember, there are no shoulds! If there’s no problem then you need change nothing. If there is a problem then pay attention to your own sense of truth and speak to your child and hear their truth… chances are you can work together to reach an agreement.
- Eliane and I spoke a lot about setting these kind of limits guided by our internal knowing. We reflected after the show that we hadn’t spoken about how limits link to boundaries, which are a necessary, healthy aspect of our relationship with our children, in fact any relationship.
- Ultimately it’s simple but sometimes really hard: tell the truth and parent from love, instead of from fear.
Resources and stuff that we spoke about
- Eliane’s book: Clean Parenting – The Peaceful Parent’s Essential Guide
- Article: What Is Family Homeostasis? (And why it’s important for you to know)
- Eliane and Lian’s previous interview: Why Leadership Is the Missing Link in Conscious Parenting
- Book which was Eliane’s parenting bible: The Continuum Concept
- Audio: Creating a Sense of Safety in Children and Helping Them Build a Healthy Sense of Self
- Story of the young woman who got the amazing job at Disney World
- Article: How To Raise A Healthy Child When You’re All F*cked Up
- For some guidance in identifying and trusting your instincts:
- To help children heal by setting boundaries:
- Get your FREE REPORT The Almost Magical Formula For Surprising Ease and Harmony in Your Family While Fully Honoring Your Children’s Spirits on Eliane’s website.
- To get Eliane’s full support in achieving family homeostasis, check out her life changing Clean Parenting™ program.
- Follow Eliane on Facebook.
Thank you for listening!
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Tuesday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Lian & Jonathan