This week’s show is with Michael Neill on how to be happy – and the fact that we were all born happy. Michael is an incredible world-renowned coach, a best-selling author and a Tedx speaker. He speaks about the principles in such a beautifully clear, entertaining and genuine way. Many people credit Michael (and his book The Inside-Out Revolution) with how they first discovered their inborn happiness.
If you loved this episode and want to explore this topic more then check out our guide on How to be happy!
What you’ll learn in this show:
Michael was on his usual fabulous form in this conversation. There were loads of cool parts but these were my faves:
- There’s a ‘happy that’s the opposite of sad’ but there’s a different kind of happiness – which is a space that can happiness exist, even when we’re having an experiencing of sadness. We can have all kinds of experiences but we can do it from a place of knowing that we still have that inborn happiness.
- This work of speaking about the principles is reminding not teaching – because we were all born happy, deep-down we all know this. When we hear people talking about that place of happiness, even when our intellect is struggling to make sense of it, we can often feel a sense of recognition in our body.
- When we’re struggling to see that we have inborn happiness – we often look for this in our minds, in our brain, even in our unhappiness – but it’s when we stop looking we catch a glimpse of what’s already there, inside us. When Michael talks of ‘staying the conversation’ he means stay where the conversation’s happening, keeping looking in this direction but stop searching for something specific – stay in the cupboard but stop looking for the peanut butter (you kinda have to listen to the episode for that to make sense)!
Resources and stuff that we spoke about:
- Michael’s website: Supercoach (don’t forget to sign up for his weekly tips!)
- Michael’s Tedx talk: Why aren’t we awesomer?
- Michael’s book The Inside-Out Revolution: The Only Thing You Need to Know to Change Your Life Forever
- Born Happy’s Happy School Winter term ’15 enrolment
Thank you for listening!
It would be wonderful if you could give a rating and a short honest review honest review on iTunes here. This makes a tonne of difference to the show’s ranking in iTunes – so YOU’LL be helping to let more people know about their inborn happiness!
Thank you, it’s SO appreciated! xo
Lian & Jonathan