So what happened on last week’s show? Lian was with Chris Morris. Chris is a well-known personal coach, consultant and a meditation teacher and has spent decades exploring a tonne of different self-help techniques and ‘thought-based’ approaches, including meditation, NLP, the three principles, A Course in Miracles, and Byron Katie’s The Work.
In this show, Chris and Lian explored the (massive!) topics of politics, religion and spirituality (and more)… and the way we so often get caught up in dogmatic beliefs, how we don’t see that we have, and how much of the conflict between humans is the result of that. This seemed like an apt topic post-Brexit but really it would be apt at any time.
If you missed that then you missed out so… subscribe to the show and catch up with that episode after this show!
And this week’s show is with the wonderful Bill Cumming. Bill is a thirty-year coaching veteran and Director of The Boothby Institute. He has been a coach, consultant and trainer to CEOs and the executive teams of health care delivery organizations, businesses, school systems and non-profit organizations. He is a key partner in the New Horizons Academy.
This is the second time Bill’s been on this show, the last episode we did together is one of our most popular shows and with good reason – it’s incredible. It blew me away. On this episode, yet again he was absolutely amazing.
Today we’re talking about whether it’s possible to create a world which works for everyone and how we can move past the bigotry that’s getting in the way of that right now.
After the show, a listener contacted us to say that he thought that Lian and Bill were saying that anyone who voted Brexit are bigots. We would like to make it clear that this isn’t the view of either Lian or Bill and we sincerely apologise for any upset that was caused by what we said. We love you… however you voted!
We’d love to know what YOU think about this week’s show. Let’s carry on the conversation… please leave a comment below.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Do we want to pass on a safer, more loving and kind world? First we need to have a commitment to making a world that works for everyone.
- We need to destroy the myths that are getting in the way of that. For example recognising that other people want the same things that we do.
- Take care of yourself – realise you’re a miracle, living in a miracle. You can’t change, empower or motivate anyone so focus on yourself.
- Pick something that you want to be involved with. Pick one thing, decide what you’re going do about that. You’ve got a clean slate, you can use that to choose to do whatever you want in the next moment.
Resources and stuff that we spoke about:
- Bill’s website: The Boothby Institute
- Bill’s Tedx Talk: How to love even when you want to kill
- Our last episode: How to love when you hate
Thank you for listening!
Did you like what you heard? It would be wonderful if you could give a rating and a short honest review on iTunes here. This makes a tonne of difference to the show’s ranking in iTunes – so YOU’LL be helping to let more people know about their primal happiness!
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Thursday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Lian & Jonathan