So what happened on last week’s show? Lian was talking to the brilliant author, speaker, and coach Steve Chandler. Steve has a fascinating life story and in this show he shares his transformation from fearful neediness to a prosperous, happy life that he describes as ‘crazy good’.
If you missed that then you missed out so… subscribe to the show and catch up with that episode after this show!
And this week’s show is with coach, speaker and trainer, Ankush Jain.
Ankush was introduced to the self development world whilst at university and over the following 10 years devoured books, audios and undertook various trainings. It was when he turned 30 that he had an insight. Whilst having built a successful (albeit brief) career and reputation as a procurement specialist, he realised that his next step in his personal development journey was to help others through coaching.
He was introduced to the Three Principles in 2012 (as first described by Sydney Banks) and has built his coaching practice around sharing this understanding with his clients. He has coached men and women from a wide variety of backgrounds and helped them transform their lives beyond what they thought possible. In addition to his one on one coaching practice, he runs several online groups, and hosts the Relationship Series podcast on iTunes.
Ankush says that a few years ago, he was doing everything he thought he supposed to do and there was still something missing. He didn’t take risk and he was playing it safe. He was working really hard but he knew he wasn’t setting the world on fire, so he felt jealous and upset about how other people were doing.
These days he’s in a very different place and is passionate about how we as humans can show up powerfully. So that’s what we’re talking about in this show.
What you’ll learn in this show:
Ankush spoke about three instrumental stages of his journey that took him to a place of showing up powerfully:
- Discovering “Who i really am”, in other words, how our minds really work. For Ankush, understanding the Three Principles was a big part of this. It’s the ‘self’ that’s before all of the techniques, improvements, likes and dislikes.
- Taking risks and moving outside the comfort zone but… making them small, incremental improvements that are manageable and sustainable.
- Finding your own journey. Ask yourself: Where’s your curiosity taking you? What are you passionate about? What are you already doing? What’s that next one step for you?
I’d love to know what YOU think about showing up powerfully. Let’s carry on the conversation… leave a comment below or connect to Ankush via one of the links below.
Resources and stuff that we spoke about:
- Ankush’s website
- The Primal Happiness episode with Garrett Kramer
- The Primal Happiness episode with Dicken Bettinger
- Ankush’s The Powerful Men’s Group
- The Bill Gate quote that Ankush mentioned:“We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don’t let yourself be lulled into inaction.” – Bill Gates
Thank you for listening!
Did you like what you heard? It would be wonderful if you could give a rating and a short honest review on iTunes here. This makes a tonne of difference to the show’s ranking in iTunes – so YOU’LL be helping to let more people know about their primal happiness!
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Thursday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Lian & Jonathan