This week’s show is with my fourth-time guest, the amazing James Tripp, an internationally recognised and respected educator, consultant and coach in the fields of personal transformation, hypnosis, influential communication and personal efficacy. Working from an eclectic background including philosophy, music, mentalism, martial arts, movement culture and NLP, James is also the developer of the critically acclaimed Hypnosis Without Trance approach to hypnosis.
Beyond his work with private clients, James runs open workshops internationally, with his London and UK based workshops typically drawing students from around the world.
In today’s show we spoke about something that’s very much alive for both of us… you could call that working with magic or non-linear ways of being. This is a way of living in which we co-create with the complex world around us, knowing we can’t control how things unfold and yet still creating towards a vision or intention. Even that this was the topic of the show and then the way the conversation unfolded was a perfect example of that.
As ever, this show with James was so timely for me and went very deep. I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I did co-creating it with him!
I’d love to know what YOU think about this week’s show. Let’s carry on the conversation… please leave a comment below.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Almost of us in this culture are raised to think and act as if the world can be understood, controlled and systematised, including ourselves, when really it’s deeply complex, beyond prediction and we can’t control it in the linear ways we convince ourselves we can.
- The way of creating that James and I are exploring means being open to the moment to moment unfolding of the world, including our own intuition and insight, which means letting go of the bigger How, whilst also feeling into our own desires for a loosely held outcome or vision (and I loved the quote about holding a baby bird that James shared about that!)
- The more we get to know ourselves, resensitise or rewild our minds and bodies the more we’re able to feel the ‘rightness’ or alignment of ‘micro hows’ or a vision, recognising too that it will likely evolve over time so continuing to feel into it is part of being this way.
Resources and stuff that we spoke about:
James’s change work & coaching website
James’s Youtube channel
James’s hypnosis website
- The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles
- The Secrets of Natural Success by William Whitecloud
Thank you for listening!
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Tuesday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Lian & Jonathan