This week’s show is with Jørgen Rasmussen, who has seen clients professionally as an agent of change for twenty years, the first eight spent running an “Impossibles practice” with a ‘no change, no pay’ policy.
In this show, Jørgen and I explored the fascinating topic of what he calls waking up and growing up. Or you could call it enlightenment and personal development. And after we dived into those two pretty humungous and contradictory fields we then bravely jumped into the deep end of how to live from the paradox of both waking up and growing up!
I’d love to know what YOU think about this week’s show. Let’s carry on the conversation… please leave a comment below.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- When we awaken (also known as enlightenment) it’s that we wake up to the illusion of self. We see that there is no I, it’s just process of selfing. Whilst this can be a freeing blissful place the limitations of this can be a lack of boundaries or responsibility.
- Growing up is about learning to be objective about the world and having a sense of your own identity. This provides us with more capacity for self leadership and sovereignty. The limitations of this can be being close-minded and also having a busy mind.
- When we are able to combine both waking up and growing up by finding a way to live with the paradox, we are able to take responsibility for what we do, we can create a self and also hold it lightly.
Resources and stuff that we spoke about:
- Resources for waking up: in Shinzen Young’s Science of Enlightenment and Gary Weber’s Happiness Beyond Thought
- Resources for growing up: Robert Kegan’s In Over Our Heads and Jørgen Rasmussen’s Provocative Suggestions
Thank you for listening!
Did you like what you heard? It would be wonderful if you could give a rating and a short honest review on iTunes here. This makes a tonne of difference to the show’s ranking in iTunes – so YOU’LL be helping to let more people know about their primal happiness!
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Thursday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Lian & Jonathan