This week’s show is with Darren Deojee, Darren is all about bringing Positive Masculinity your way. He is firmly rooted in the Oral Tradition and the Toltec Mysteries and their irreplaceable power to bring transformation, realisation and connection. With 10 years teaching, and over 20 years practical experience in Toltec Gender and the Art of Spelling and Sound, his approach has transformed the relationships, perspective and personal power of thousands over the years.
He calls his work Mental Healing to tackle a western pandemic he refers to as ‘mental disembodiment’ and return us to our indigenous nature of Integral Mind and embodied language.
Darren lives in Suffolk, England, is in a committed long term relationship, and has 4 children.
This week’s show is a part two to last week’s episode with Darren, in this conversation, Darren and I explored his incredible understanding of Toltec wisdom on gender and gender relativity and why this is something that is applicable to those of us living in today’s world. This isn’t a conversation that’s being had in the world right now, it is deep, deep stuff. It’s not really the most easy of listens but it’s unbelievably worthwhile one, it’s packed with gold.
I’d love to know what YOU think about this week’s show. Let’s carry on the conversation… please leave a comment below.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Toltec wisdom has two main areas – the American tradition focused around awareness and the African tradition focused around gender. The split in the teachings may have happened 10-12k years ago, possibly because of the agricultural revolution which totally transformed the way humans lived and related to one another and the planet.
- Toltec teachings on gender relativity sits between the form of physical sensual aspects (which are spoken to well in Tantra) and the formless of spiritual consciousness (which can be found in Taoism). Understanding this gender stuff in the middle can help us to navigate more easily between the form and the formless. It’s particularly applicable to anyone who wants rich and rewarding relationships.
- Look at areas of your life in which you’re struggling and would that like to change… Can you see where you’re in the extreme of masculine (fixed and pointed) or feminine (open and flowing)? What opportunities does that awareness present for change?
- I loved the distinction between the feminine Know vs the masculine No. We Know something will be beneficial to give up or stop but we’re struggling to say No. Are you saying No too much (no new experiences) or are you not saying No enough (which could show up in addiction or gluttony)
- We sometimes hide in the opposite gender because our own feels too vulnerable – a way to have insight on that is to look at your intimate relationship (or lack of) to see if that’s happened for you.
- Your deathbed is the great litmus test – this is your only time in this form, will you be happy with the story you’ve told?
Resources and stuff that we spoke about
Darren is just beginning to pay proper attention to online presence and you can find him on youtube (search darren deojee or chris deojee), subscribe to his new Gender Mender channel there or at www.patreon.com/gendermender where you’ll get subscriber-only content. For personal contact or to book, get him at www.alternativeanswers.net
- Carlos Castaneda’s books
- Don Miguel Ruiz’s books
- Theun Mares’s books
- The Tedx Talk we referred to with Kaouthar Darmoni
Thank you for listening!
Did you like what you heard? It would be wonderful if you could give a rating and a short honest review on iTunes here. This makes a tonne of difference to the show’s ranking in iTunes – so YOU’LL be helping to let more people know about their primal happiness!
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Thursday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Lian & Jonathan