This week’s show is with Darren Deojee, Darren is all about bringing Positive Masculinity your way. He is firmly rooted in the Oral Tradition and the Toltec Mysteries and their irreplaceable power to bring transformation, realisation and connection. With 10 years teaching, and over 20 years practical experience in Toltec Gender and the Art of Spelling and Sound, his approach has transformed the relationships, perspective and personal power of thousands over the years.
He calls his work Mental Healing to tackle a western pandemic he refers to as ‘mental disembodiment’ and return us to our indigenous nature of Integral Mind and embodied language.
Darren lives in Suffolk, England, is in a committed long term relationship, and has 4 children.
In this conversation, Darren and I explored what’s going on for men living in today’s modern world. There’s a rise in addiction, suicide, escapism, and depression. Men have got to point of feeling shame about being a man, even judging of themselves for it.
Darren believes the answer is in healing of the connection to the gifts of the masculine. We dived into what he means by those gifts, why he sees them as the answer for not just men but our world as a whole, and how we can heal that connection.
I’d love to know what YOU think about this week’s show. Let’s carry on the conversation… please leave a comment below.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Men have been shamed out of expressing and honouring the masculine. All men will go through the spasmic, immature masculine – if we make that wrong it can’t mature.
- I love how Darren talks about gender in electromagnetic terms, with Electro=masculine, magnetism=feminine. Electricity is about the charge and creating the container for charge. The magnetism is about drawing things close, it’s inclusive.
- Ideas and desires for change is masculine, whereas the feminine is accepting what is now, therefore any ‘pointing out’ from the now is masculine.
- Masculine charge cycle follows the sun – there’s a daily cycle and a seasonal cycle. Understanding this means men and women can be more graceful in allowing and honouring men to move through their cycle.
- The masculine in our ancestry has created how we do things things, it’s codified practices into tools and processes that we use today”. Men ask “What can I do so those who come after me will be better, safer, richer, and to go further?” I love that, it’s something I’ve never seen in that way before and it’s given me a deep appreciation for what’s gone before. I can really see how healing our ancestral wounds allows us all to heal our connection with the masculine.
Resources and stuff that we spoke about
Darren is just beginning to pay proper attention to online presence and you can find him on youtube (search darren deojee or chris deojee), subscribe to his new Gender Mender channel there or at www.patreon.com/gendermender where you’ll get subscriber-only content. For personal contact or to book, get him at www.alternativeanswers.net
Thank you for listening!
Did you like what you heard? It would be wonderful if you could give a rating and a short honest review on iTunes here. This makes a tonne of difference to the show’s ranking in iTunes – so YOU’LL be helping to let more people know about their primal happiness!
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Thursday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Lian & Jonathan