So what happened on last week’s show? Lian was with Kat Courtney, an Afterlife Coach. Kat first received the term “Afterlife Coach” after one of the many times she experienced death. After the craziest of journeys with this medicine, she finally realised she was not meant to be an Ayahuasquera – she was meant to be the before and after guide. She also works with people in hospice. She adores shadow work. She’s in love with death. Ayahuasca only made that a deeper calling and understanding.
So that’s exactly what we explored in this show – death. Why Kat sees it as one of the juiciest topics to explore, why our relationship with death actually affects how we live, and what we can do to get good with death. If you missed that then you missed out so… subscribe to the show and catch up with that episode after this show!
And this week’s show is with Cam Adair, a Speaker, YouTuber, and Founder of GameQuitters.com, the world’s largest support community for video game addiction, serving 25,000 members a month in 80 countries around the world. Born in Canada, he currently lives in San Diego, California.
I’d love to know what YOU think about this week’s show. Let’s carry on the conversation… please leave a comment below.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Almost all of us are somewhere on this spectrum of digital addiction – whether it’s full on gaming addiction or just checking facebook a zillion times a day.
- We do this because we’re trying to meet four very human needs: Temporary Escape, Social Connection, Constant Measurable Growth, Challenge (Sense of Purpose)
- Coming from a non-judgmental place allows for change and choices. Whether it’s ourselves or others with an addiction, stopping to understand WHY this behaviour is happening allows us to make different choices, more in alignment with our values and vision.
Resources and stuff that we spoke about:
- Program for Gamers: gamequitters.com/respawn
- Program for Parents: gamequitters.com/reclaim
TEDx Talks: gamequitte.rs/camtedx
Personal website: camerondare.com
Thank you for listening!
Did you like what you heard? It would be wonderful if you could give a rating and a short honest review on iTunes here. This makes a tonne of difference to the show’s ranking in iTunes – so YOU’LL be helping to let more people know about their primal happiness!
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Thursday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Lian & Jonathan