So what happened on last week’s show? It was with Katie Abbott. Katie has worked as a Therapist and Coach from 1 Harley St since 2008, supporting people to discover the light within themselves. She runs retreats in Italy and India and gives regular talks for Soho and Shoreditch House in London. Katie is a recommended Practitioner for The Guardian Newspaper and mentors practitioners in the fields of Psychology and Spirituality. Katie founded Pause Place in 2016, the first ever Certified Coach Training programme dedicated to the strength of Love, Presence and Connection.
In this show we spoke about how we can live a life rich with purpose – and do it from a place of deep presence and love. In other words, how we can find that Holy Grail of having it all! If you missed that then you missed out so… subscribe to the show and catch up with that episode after this show!
And this week’s show is with Tripp Lanier coach, consultant and host of “The New Man: Beyond the Macho Jerk and the New Age Wimp”.
He coaches entrepreneurs around the world to get out of the shallow end of the pool, redefine success, and align their work with what they were put on this Earth to do. Over the years he’s designed several businesses to support a simple lifestyle focused on freedom, ease, and fun.
As a creative entrepreneur, Tripp created one of the first digital video post-production companies in the Southeast. For over twelve years, Tripp crafted TV shows and commercials for national and regional clients. Other contributions include working with Ken Wilber as Co-Director of Integral Institute’s Art Center. On the artistic front, Tripp has written, performed and produced albums with his own rock groups.
So Tripp really been done there and done that and is still doing it when it comes to living a life of full of freedom, fulfilment and fun.
In today’s show we spoke about how to be a human in today’s crazy world where we are being domesticated, pushed in all kinds of directions and don’t have the relationship, career or fulfilment we want. So we’re talking about how do we cut the crap, get rid of the shell we’ve created for ourselves and be more of who we really are.
I’d love to know what YOU think about this week’s show. Let’s carry on the conversation… please leave a comment below.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- Most of us are too scared to say aloud what we really want but when we do, it’s incredibly powerful – and in fact, we may find that we don’t even really want that thing once we’ve been able to say it and see it from another perspective.
- Understanding and accepting that discomfort is likely to be part of the deal of anything that provides growth means that we can stop shying away from the unknown through fear.
- The expectations that we live by are often just domestication – the conditioning that comes from what we imagine others expect of us – often, they are completely untrue
- Ask yourself “What would the 80 year old me think of how I’m living my life?”
- Instead of trying to ‘be someone’, let layers drop away and just be you, living however it is that you feel called to live.
Resources and stuff that we spoke about:
Thank you for listening!
Did you like what you heard? It would be wonderful if you could give a rating and a short honest review on iTunes here. This makes a tonne of difference to the show’s ranking in iTunes – so YOU’LL be helping to let more people know about their primal happiness!
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Thursday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Lian & Jonathan