So what happened on last week’s show? Lian was with Pam Grout a prolific writer of articles and books – she has 15 published books so far (including the incredible E-Squared and E-Cubed) and articles for dozens of publications. In this show we spoke about how even those of us living in this crazy modern world can reclaim and retain our connection to primal energies, intuition, and pure presence.
If you missed that then you missed out so… subscribe to the show and catch up with that episode after this show!
And this week’s show is with Craig Polsfuss, MA, LP, MSW, LICSW (Emeritus), an Integral Psychologist with three decades of experience. Craig has advanced training and is a published national leader in both the Three Principles psycho-spiritual (non-religious) understanding and the Higher Brain Living neuroscience “New Human” program.
Craig is totally convinced that both will contribute to the healing and well being of millions, and to an eventual shift in global consciousness unlike anything seen previously in human history.
In this show, which is a follow-up to our last conversation about Why turning on your higher brain is the answer to happiness, we spoke about what Craig’s understanding of history of the human mind – how our brain has evolved over time, why we have a higher brain, how our brains actually work, and what we can learn from some indigenous cultures still living on the planet today.
I’d love to know what YOU think about this week’s show. Let’s carry on the conversation… please leave a comment below.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The lower brain has done a great job of helping us to survive and procreate, middle brain evolved for relationships and emotions, the cortex for thinking functions and then according to modern science, the prefrontal cortex (or the ‘higher brain’) evolved around 50,000 years and is what allows us to access our highest potential (as we spoke about in our last conversation).
- Our brain has no life of its own without an ‘enlivening energy’ which brings it to life. The brain is like the servant to our ongoing experience and is being continually updated according to our experience.
- Our potential gets expressed any way it can. For example, the way people throughout recorded history have had spontaneous ‘enlightenment’ experiences and how in the book Original Wisdom, the band of hunter foragers appeared very much as though they were living from their higher mind. It’s cool to see how this is natural for all of us.
Resources and stuff that we spoke about:
- Part 1 of this conversation
- The article about the brain that we talked about
- To find out more about the Three Principles, take our free class here
- Syd Banks
- The book Original Wisdom
- The episode with Darcia Narvaez
Thank you for listening!
Did you like what you heard? It would be wonderful if you could give a rating and a short honest review on iTunes here. This makes a tonne of difference to the show’s ranking in iTunes – so YOU’LL be helping to let more people know about their primal happiness!
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Thursday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Lian & Jonathan