So what happened on last week’s show? Lian was with Emily Nature helps smart, successful career women to have fun in dating and relationships. We talked about her experience of exploring past her boundaries and testing her edges in a relationship… and finding out what she does and doesn’t want. In Emily’s case the boundary was around her boyfriend’s desire to experience a polyamorous relationship (ie wanting to experience sexual intimacy with more than one person) and then ultimately discovering that what she really wants is what she calls ‘unconventional monogamy’, however this topic of exploring our boundaries can apply to almost all of us.
If you missed that then you missed out so… subscribe to the show and catch up with that episode after this show!
And this week’s show is with Elaine Hilides. Elaine has been working with the principles of Mind, Consciousness and Thought since 2009 as a Wellbeing Coach and is also an author, international speaker and a Diet, Nutrition and Raw Food Advisor. Elaine has a no.1 book on Amazon Kindle, ‘MindFullness: The No-Diet Diet’ and has two courses on Udemy.com, on food and diet.
Elaine’s approach is a revolutionary step away from the usual world of diets and self-denial and it’s very, very effective – she’s helped hundreds of people to lose weight and go on to live healthier, happier lives.
In this show we spoke about food addiction… Elaine has worked with people around diet and food issues for over a decade and has had many clients tell her that they are addicted to food – usually the kind that’s loaded with refined sugar, trans fat and salt. Sounds familiar? Let’s look at the real reason that these addictions happen and what you can do to overcome them.
I’d love to know what YOU think about this week’s show. Let’s carry on the conversation… please leave a comment below.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The excess of refined foods that we’re surrounded with is not what the human animal evolved with. And to make things worse: those foods are designed to be addictive.
- The way that many foods are they’re marketed is based on the feeling that the ad is saying that the food will give us.
- It’s not the actual food that we’re addicted to – if it was then we would all crave the same things – we would all overeat crisps or chocolate or whatever.
- The real reason we are drawn to certain foods is because of a need that isn’t being met – maybe a desire to feel rewarded or to feel cared for.
- Elaine suggests replacing the food that you’re feeling addicted to with a more nutritious alternative, such as frozen grapes or air-popped popcorn or a less refined version such as dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate.
Resources and stuff that we spoke about:
- Elaine’s website: http://elainehilides.com
- Elaine’s book: MindFullness: The No-Diet Diet Book
- The previous episode Elaine and I did together: Effortlessly weight loss: a coaching session with Elaine Hilides
Thank you for listening!
Did you like what you heard? It would be wonderful if you could give a rating and a short honest review on iTunes here. This makes a tonne of difference to the show’s ranking in iTunes – so YOU’LL be helping to let more people know about their primal happiness!
There’s fresh episode each week, if you subscribe then you’ll get each new episode delivered to your phone every Thursday (that way you’ll never miss an episode):
Lian & Jonathan